We are seeking an Interior Designer who can run projects from start to finish, executing and overseeing every step to complete each project.
This is a work-from-home position but candidates will need to travel to the Montclair, NJ area approximately 2-3 times per week. Candidate’s commute must be no more than an hour from Montclair, NJ.
This is an autonomous role for a self-starter.
We provide training, mentoring, a collaborative community, systems, trade accounts and a robust business structure to support your focus on exceptional design and the joy-filled customer experience.
This is a unique opportunity to join our innovative, professional, top-quality team.
Interior Designer Roles and Responsibilities
The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Other duties may be involved. A full role description will be provided.
Lead Design Team if partnering or using freelancers
Lead Client, Vendors and Trades through project
Oversee Purchasing and Execution
The ideal candidate:
• Lives and breathes interior design
• Wants autonomy over their design, but would love to hand off placing orders and running the business
• Self directed and happy to manage multiple projects
• Comfortable presenting to clients
• Not only understands the importance of organization, systems and processes but loves to use them to keep their projects joyful and efficient
• Has an upbeat personality and a positive attitude
As a designer for House of Funk you will have access to:
• The Interior Design Standard (it’s part of your training)
• Vendor and trade resources and accounts
• Design project management software, task management software, sourcing software, mood board creation software, Computer Aided Design Software and the Google suite
• Be a part of an incredible team, led by Sandra Funk
• Minimum of 3 years experience running interior design projects from start to finish as the lead or senior designer
• Bachelor’s Degree
• A great design sensibility and strong portfolio
• Outstanding technical skills with strong knowledge of CAD
• Ability to focus on multiple projects in various stages of development
• Ability to work autonomously and manage associates as needed
• Ability to communicate design ideas and direction
• Experience being the main contact with clients
• Experience communicating with vendors and trades
• Experience with full service interior design, renovations and new builds
• Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
• Reliable car and valid driver’s license to go to and from project sites, showrooms, meetings, etc.
• Reliable computer and WiFi to utilize our web based systems
• Experience finding and pitching potential clients
This is a full time position with paid time off.
About our Company
Since 2005, we’ve helped our clients turn their houses into memorable, extraordinary and highly functional homes. We focus on interior design, new builds and renovations that create a true sense of place. Based in NJ and TN, you will find our clients in NY, NJ, MI, FL, TN, CT, IL and beyond. We pride ourselves on our reputation of professionalism, taste, resourcefulness and attention to detail. We execute exceptional design while providing our clients with an exciting and joy-filled experience.
To apply, send us your resume, portfolio (completed and photographed projects, not renderings/3D models, etc.), detailed CAD samples, and a short cover letter as to why you’d be a great fit for this role to email@example.com.