We are seeking an Interior Designer who has an incredible eye for design and crazy attention to detail – must also be a CAD expert and an insufferable optimist.
This is a work-from-home position but candidates will need to travel to the Montclair, NJ area regularly. Candidate’s commute must be no more than an hour from Montclair, NJ.
We provide training, mentoring, a collaborative community, systems, trade accounts and a robust business structure to support your focus on exceptional design and the joy-filled customer experience.
This is a unique opportunity to join our innovative, professional, top-quality team.
Interior Designer Roles and Responsibilities
The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Other duties may be involved. A full role description will be provided.
• Support Lead Designer
• Assist Vendors and Trades through project
• Conceptual Design
• Detailed Design
• Help Lead Designer in overseeing Purchasing and Execution
• Surveying and documenting existing condition plans
• Preparing proposals, purchase orders, and invoices alongside lead designer and CEO
The ideal candidate:
• Lives and breathes interior design
• Self directed and happy to juggle multiple projects
• Has experience working with clients
• Not only understands the importance of organization, systems and processes but loves to use them to keep their projects joyful and efficient
• Has an upbeat personality and a positive attitude
As a designer for House of Funk you will have access to:
• The Interior Design Standard (it’s part of your training)
• Vendor and trade resources and accounts
• Design project management software, task management software, sourcing software, mood board creation software, Computer Aided Design Software and the Google suite
• Be a part of an incredible team, led by Sandra Funk
• Minimum of 3 years experience assisting with interior design projects from start to finish
• Bachelor’s Degree
• A great design sensibility and strong portfolio
• Great technical skills with strong knowledge of CAD
• Ability to focus on multiple projects in various stages of development
• Ability to work autonomously and manage interns as needed
• Ability to communicate design ideas and direction
• Experience communicating with clients is a plus
• Experience communicating with vendors and trades
• Experience with full service interior design
• Experience with renovations (new builds a plus)
• Ability to translate design concepts into design drawings using AutoCAD
• Basic knowledge of construction details including millwork
• Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
• Reliable car and valid driver’s license to go to and from project sites, showrooms, meetings, etc.
• Reliable computer and WiFi to utilize our web based systems
This is a full time position with paid time off.
About our Company
Since 2005, we’ve helped our clients turn their houses into memorable, extraordinary and highly functional homes. We focus on interior design, new builds and renovations that create a true sense of place. Based in NJ and TN, you will find our clients in NY, NJ, MI, FL, TN, CT, IL and beyond. We pride ourselves on our reputation of professionalism, taste, resourcefulness and attention to detail. We execute exceptional design while providing our clients with an exciting and joy-filled experience.
To apply, send us your resume, portfolio (completed and photographed projects, not renderings/3D models, etc.), detailed CAD samples, and a short cover letter as to why you’d be a great fit for this role.