What does the 18% freight charge cover? The estimated freight costs are an industry standard which covers:
– Crating or packaging by vendor
– Freight from vendor to receiver or workroom
– Unpacking & Inspection by receiver or workroom
– Cutting for approval cost and mail fees (fabric)
– Repacking by receiver
– Storage at receiver until client is ready for delivery
– In home delivery and placement of your item
– Insurance on your item while it is in transit and in storage
Bottom line: We’re careful with your new furnishings.
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective – Not so carefull…
We include freight at the time of proposal, instead of surprising you with these costs at the end of the project. We do not true up individual receipts, as there can be multiple per item and some costs, like insurance, are not individually applied. Lastly, we keep an eye on the overall percentage to verify that it accurately reflects the above costs.